Monday, August 17, 2009

Intervieeeeew.

since my fb is in a mess (again!), i guess blogging can take up a couple of my time and night.

last thursday, i went for my first interview. frankly, i was very enthu for it yet the moment i stepped into the company, i saw a huge 'prudential' logo on the right side of the wall. at that moment, i knew it would have something to do with insurance. i was right! it was a financial firm.

i wanted to leave before having to fill up the application form. but i told myself, why not i take this interview as a challenge and also a learning session on how to improve my interview skills.

basically, i was being interviewed by one of the managers. nothing much, more of experiences and also the way i present myself. so, after being interviewed, i thought i could leave that place already. (i didn't wanna stay there any longer! i hate finance shit.) but she stay to wait for the director to interview me. she said i fitted into their requirements. WOW! so, since it was gonna be the director who was going to interview me, i stayed to take that challenge.

fyi, i have never really went for an interview. all the job i found was either through recruitment firm or people dig me over to work for them.

i waited like 40 minutes for the director. i was way too pissed off and wanted to pack my bag and leave as (1) this is not the kind of industry i wanna get in, so, why wait for the god damn director who god knows when she will interview me. (2) i have a 16 page assignment to hand in on friday and i have to start a single shit. (3) it was 430 then, 'cause at 5pm, i will have no seats in the train!

yet, the manger came in again, apologising to me and said just another ten min i'll get to see the director. i spent 30 minutes in the room complaining to my dad and bf.

eventually, as promised, the director came into the room the next 10 min. she asked the same question the manger asked. she talked to me about the company, herself and my starting pay. the pay she offer me is like so so high for a graduate. of course, i was tempted by the pay. i want that amount of money so much and i know i can't get such basic anywhere else, even in property. what's more, its just basic that have no include any commission.

i went home and old my parents that i don't like the job. then, dad asked me how was the pay, i said don't know. don't like.

so, the director loves me and said the manger will contact me again the next day to comfirm everything with me. they did call me. i didn't pick up. they called twice.

frankly, i felt very happy that i didn't pick up. frankly, i feel so stupid for turning them down. i felt guilty towards my dad. overall, i felt really happy to the max that i felt proud of myself that even if i have such high job offer, i still indirectly turn them down because i want job satisfaction and not money! money is not everything to me when it comes to work. i wanna work happily. money is everything to me when it comes to shopping only.

then, i confessed to dad and told him how much the company offered me and i turn them down. i got thunder storm from dad at cold storage. =( he said work one month then if i still don't like then leave, gain the experience.

but which company will consider 1 month of working as an experience? its tooooooooooooo little. so, FOR WHAT?

i know what i want now.

and again, i still want to go for more challenge. i wanna face rejection and not always acceptance. so, i went to jobstreet and jobcentral, i clicked on any job and hopes they call. and when they call and make an appointment with me, i will never turn up. just like the previous 2. hehe.

ya, i'm siao. but, so what?

No comments: